In an announcement led by President and CEO Stanley E. Romanstein, Ph.D., Music Director Robert Spano and Principal Guest Conductor Donald Runnicles, the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra has announced its 2014–15 season.
The 24-week subscription season will feature world-class music of past centuries while paving the way for great music of the future with performances by today’s leading composers, soloists and conductors.
Among the highlights of the 2014-15 season:
• Three world premieres composed by Michael Gandolfi, Jonathan Leshnoff and Christopher Theofanidis
• Eleven Atlanta premieres
• A mini Beethoven festival led by Donald Runnicles
• Robert Spano to lead the Orchestra in Saint-Saëns’ Samson et Dalila
• Guest artists and conductors including John Adams, Marin Alsop, Emanuel Ax, Cameron Carpenter, Jeremy Denk, Lynn Harrell, Leila Josefowicz, Miloš Karadaglic, Lang Lang, Midori, Marc Piollet, Jessica Rivera and Jean-Yves Thibaudet
• Robert Spano and the Orchestra will release a fifth recording on ASO media
• ASO will expand residencies with Kennesaw State University and the University of Georgia, visiting each university three times during the season
• ASO musicians will take center stage as soloists including principal clarinet Laura Ardan, concertmaster David Coucheron, principal percussion Thomas Sherwood and percussionist Charles Settle
• Free pre-concert chamber music series with ASO musicians will continue
• “First Friday” one-hour concerts will continue at 6:30 pm
For more on the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra visit www.atlantasymphony.org.